8/16/12

REAPIN' WHAT YOU TEND are Country and Western Lyrics to a Line inspired by a Poem read...all about a farmin' woman and her man - it can easily be sung as a duet....

REAPIN' WHAT YOU TEND

Now the fallow fields are lively
Shooting up the spears of Spring
I would tend these fields with honor
I would give most anything
To see you here with me
Standin' in these fields with me

You are kindest as I can hope
Ever you could ever be
You can plant the seeds of love
An' you can watch them grow in me

Now the rains are sweetly fallin'
Bringin' life to every thing
An' the sun is warmin' soil
An' holdin' Life within its ring
So you'll be here with me
Standin' in these crops with me

You are lovin' as I can hope
Ever you could ever be
You can tend these seeds of love
An' you can watch them grow in me

Now the harvest's comin' in fine
Fillin' baskets with so much
All your work is bringin' joy
All these fields yield to your touch
An' I'll be here with you
Standin' in your arms with you

You are my man as I can hope
Ever you could ever be
You have reaped all you could sow
An' you brought sweet love to me
An' you  reaped sweet love in me

No comments:

Post a Comment