5/4/13

The Simple History of my work as a School Teacher for twenty years...lives are old resumes much of the time...I'll post my Nursing One soon...that one's a Peach!....


PROFESSIONAL PROFILE:  Kathleen A. Everitt

2007 – September, 2012: WEST WIND ACADEMY, Berkeley, California – Full time; to Part-time, Spring, 2012
·         Credentialed Multiple Subject K-12 Teacher and Single Subject Health Credential: current through 2013; Dean of Students for two years: English and Literature and Social Studies Teacher for thirty Students ages four through eighteen in a State Registered Private School Setting: Developed and taught all Curriculums for all Grades according to tested California State Standards every year: averaged 85% and above for all students each year in the English CSS testing  - covering all required Curriculums for High School  Graduation standards for the State of California as well; School Cal-licensed RN
I initiated and taught the English/Literature/Social Studies Curriculum for West Wind Academy, which I taught fulltime until Spring of 2012, when I was down-sized to two days a week, due to economic down-turns by the West Wind Schools Systems.  At that time, I taught as the Social Studies Teacher for Grades 3 through 12; and the Advanced Composition Teacher for Grade 12 Students.
 I would like to move on to part-time Teaching, since I was laid off due to the Schools’ financial needs, in September of 2012, partly to allow time to develop my third career choice: Free-lance Writer and Lyricist. I would also enjoy job-sharing as a Teacher on any level of Kindergarten through 12th Grade, for two to three days a week. I’ve also been exploring options as an on-line Teacher and/or as a Tutor in my home or others homes, or on-line.
I have now moved to Pioneer, California, as of late October, 2012, to attempt to reduce expenses in a more rural area to live, and to attempt to semi-retire.
Refer to Mr. Christian Thompson, Principal, at 510-841-1426 or 510-601-1661, at West Wind Academy


1994 – 2007: ORINDA ACADEMY, Orinda, California – Full-time -
Credentialed Multiple-Subject K-12 Teacher/Single Subject Health Credential: English and Literature 7-8; Health 10; Geography 9; Contemporary Issues 10; Women’s Literature 10-12; Hiking PE 7-12; School RN; Chorus Productions 7-12; Assistant Drama Productions Coach 7-12; Advisor for up to twelve students each year;  original Curriculum Development approved by UC  Berkeley for Women’s Literature, Geography, Health, Chorus Production, and Contemporary Issues Courses; School RN, Cal-licensed
Left to assist Mr. Christian Thompson, Owner and Principle, in his founding of West Wind Academy, Berkeley, California
Refer to: Mr. Ron Graydon, Orinda Academy Director: 925-402-1117: Refer to my previous name: Kathleen Amann-Weitzer –


2001 – 2004: CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY HAYWARD, Hayward, California
 Completed Humanities BA Equivalent; and Teaching Credentialing Year, through the Department of Education; Student Teaching; Substitute Teaching 2002 through 2004 in Hayward Schools: Credentialed K-12 Teacher, current, State of California

Before 2001: Worked for twenty-five years full-time and sometimes part-time as a Registered Nurse in Illinois and in California. I still hold an active RN license in the State of California, renewed every two years.  I am also a California State Certified Public Health Nurse; I hold a BA in Public Health Services Administration from St. Mary’s College in Moraga, California.
My extensive resume for employment as a Registered and Certified Public Heath RN, is available on request, if needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment