2/7/13

O MY PECAN PIE is the simple recipe of the deep South and it tastes just right...don't forget the dash of whiskey over it all to please the menfolk....

O MY PECAN PIE

This recipe is a 'me oh my oh' sort of dessert. it's totally Cajun, and you will not have leftovers, so just accept that!

First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Beat three large eggs and then beat in one cup of white cane sugar, and then two tablespoons of melted butter and then beat in four tablespoons of all purpose flour. then, beat in one cup of molasses (dark blackstrap or lighter, as you wish) and one teaspoon overflowing of vanilla extract, and a couple of gratings of lemon zest as desired. and 1/2 teaspoons of salt. Beat until pretty smooth. now stir in two cups of pecan halves. Pour this mix into two uncooked pie crusts shells. bake them both in the oven for an hour, or until a knife in the middle comes out clean. don't bake em til they're too dry...they'll taste ok, but texture is a big part of enjoying these pies. I serve them warm with heaps of fluffy heavy whipped cream. great with vanilla ice cream, or all alone, too....you can sprinkle some dashes of whiskey or run over the pies just before baking, or after they come out of the oven, as you wish....

Here's the Poem for these Pies:

Shellin' Pecans ain't easy
Sat all day and shelled
Mama's kitchen all hot
From cookin' all day
For dat Fat Tuesday
An'  den I had ta run
For the blackstrap
To the store where all de
Old Joes sat around with
Jars an'  Cal say
Be sure ta get some whiskey
Into dat dere Pie, baby girl,
Hear me? I like a tap a
Whiskey with Pecans
So I tole Mama an' she just say
Dem Men. shakes her head. sigh.
Den I sees her put a dash a whiskey
Over the Pie innards and put dem
In dat oven. I ain't sayin' nottin but
You know I'm glad dat Cal said
What he said. yessir. dis here
Pecan Pie
Is gonna be da Best.
It be da Best.



No comments:

Post a Comment