2/25/13

WINGS FOLDED is Haiku, one after the other, about the Cold Up-Country here where we live now....it is deep to the marrow for me - less so for my fellow, who often finds it refreshing....I await Spring with longing....

WINGS FOLDED

Wings folded: so Cold
In China, the Birds don't sing...
Heard this One Song, once....

Costs to bring Heat Home -
There is so little Warmth here -
We snuggle closer...

Snow, at times, cold Rains -
Sleets and Huge Crystals loom large...
Melt in only days...

I've been told of Spring:
There's Beauty, Flowers and Warm -
My body feels this

Summers are hot, dry -
Lakes will sit still and fish plop -
On the deck: Iced Tea

Fall is easy smoke
All the Trees in colors wait
Raised Wings move on South

Down this Mountain side
We're traveling away, Cold:
Birds, Animals, Us....

Love this House of ours -
Still: it has been Cold since Fall -
Cold to the marrow....

Wings folded, once, twice:
I will fly but don't know when -
Ice in each feather

There is only Cold  -
Wings mean nothing: flight: too late -
Trapping me here, in

By the fire: warmth -
And light, Courage in the dark
When Cold is not there

Give me warm sunshine -
Give us warm Wings to fly now -
Unfold these Cold Wings....

Unfold these Cold Wings....

No comments:

Post a Comment