7/1/12

OLD FORGOTTEN TRAIN is clickety-clack Lyrics about how there are many days I just don't feel like leavin' this little nest we got...it's small and quiet and homey and it's just a great old roundhouse for an old train like me to rust away in...hate to have to hit those tracks again when the time comes round-about....

OLD FORGOTTEN TRAIN

I'm always runnin' a bit behind lately
Like some old fogotten train, yeah, baby...
Runnin' all clickety-clack down these old tracks
With every car and wheel complainin'....
Used to be be chuggin' along so fine
Makin' each stop on a dime...
You could set your watch on me
I always made the time....

Now, sometimes, I don't make the grade...
Don't even get my days work done...
Hittin' the rails in the setting sun, now, baby -
Cuz I can't find no reason an'
Can't find no rhyme - no, baby...
Not even on these tracks...
No rhyme....

I'm not lately leavin' the round-house, baby,
Jus' some stream train run out of steam...
Runnin' only if I have to and then slow-some
With brakes and wheels complainin'....
Used to accomplish way past my prime
Makin' a Life so fine:
You could follow in my tracks -
Get your stuff done on time....

Now, baby, I don't bother to get done -
Time and old tracks and old trains are one...
An' the day goes from sunrise to settin' sun -
Cuz I can't find no reason an'
Can't find no rhyme - no, baby...
Not even on old tracks..
Not one rhyme....

Jus' clickety-clack to fill the time...
No reason, baby, and yes,
No rhyme....

No comments:

Post a Comment