12/11/11

POEM FOR ALICE is an honor-poem for Alice Liddle who was the original Alice in Wonderland...and my three sisters and I are all related to her by good blood on my Southern Grandmother's side, Alice Everitt...who also looked just like the Alice in the illustrations AND my sister Bess has her 'looks' quite a bit as well, only Bess is lovely also...this Poem is for Alice when she is NOT at her very best....

POEM FOR ALICE

For all the times
you fell through
the looking glass
and the shards
actually cut you

I give you
this Poem

For all the Mad, Mad
Teaparties
where everybody
lied to you and o
only you
didn't know

I give you
this Poem

Because your fore
head is way
too high and
your mouth
turns down

I give you
this Poem

Since this is your
off with her head
moment
and you aren't
going to make it
cuz the king of hearts
has split

I give you
this Poem

you want more
too bad you never
learned to make
up the rules
as you go

one side makes you
larger
the other
makes you
small

I give you
this
Poem

No comments:

Post a Comment