12/14/11

SONG OF LOVE AND AGE AND GLORY is an older lady's Song Poem about what it's been to love people all of her (well, MY...) life....it's an old lady song, alright. no defense for it. it just is...sigh....

SONG OF LOVE AND AGE AND GLORY

CHORUS
Song of Love and Age and Glory
Blessed Song of Age and Fun
Loved by Some and Loving Many
Loving Much and Loving On
________________

Gave them all what I could give -
Gave each one all of my life:
Happiness and care, comforting:
Daughter, Mother, Lover, Wife....

Sing this song of instant changes -
Well, at least it looked that way:
Patience for the changes needed -
Never came - not once - no way...
_________________

CHORUS
__________________

Marked for life a reinvented
Women each ten years or so...
Each mating a change of life:
A dancer singin' as I go...

And all the Songs I used to sing
Were about love: creations light...
About sparkeling with giving...
Always tryin' to live right....

___________________

CHORUS
____________________

Now I live for just the livin' -
Give for givin': hold real strong:
To the idea of my self that I have known
My whole life long....

Know my age and know the mercy
Every single breath can bring:
Just for lovin' those I have now
In my heart: makes my heart sing....

___________________

CHORUS
____________________

No comments:

Post a Comment