12/10/11

SOMETIMES LIVIN'S is the first of a Series of Poems I'm going to start to publish on this Blog: It's not the most cheerful, but it does have some Hope within it: it's about hard physical and emotional times that I am going through that others who are older may experience...or even you younger folks in my life...Hope is truly there...can you hear it's delicate song?....

SOMETIMES LIVIN'S

CHORUS

Sometimes' Livin's much like Dyin'
Loss being endless: night and day...
All these lights are shinin' round me
Show the way - o! show the way!
_______________

O the sorrows, pains and glories
Of surviving hard and grim:
Livin' with love - livin' without:
Wantin' Love to thrive and win...

When you live a little longer:
Loss comes like rain - no, more like snow:
Every crystal of it different
Than the other: each to show

That there's beauty in each sorrow
That it's human: all this pain:
There is glory in prevailing:
There is Peace: no wrong: no shame....

Being older is a glory
Hidden in a darker place:
Where you see the past and present:
But the future has no face....
_______________

CHORUS
_______________

Wish I had that tiny Island
We all dream of in the sea...
Wish I could just lay my head down
Only peaceful sands and me...

And everywhere I would be quiet
Only waves would speak to me:
It would be a sweet wild heaven:
I'd be glad to just be free....

As it is I'm here on this earth
With the memory of light:
Hoping all this shining Wonder
Will end the miseries of night....
_______________

CHORUS
_______________

No comments:

Post a Comment