6/26/12

CONFESSIONAL is a bit of a poem or maybe Lyrics about small-town-Catholic-Kid angst...so there it is...small, and long, long ago....

CONFESSIONAL

Shop-Liftin at the Five and Dime
When I was pretty darn young
Was candy and not much more -
No mam, wasn't me:
It was some other kid
Who isn't sure just why...
What it means to a Catholic kid -
You have no idea, mam,
No idea a'tall:
What it means to got to tell
That Shadow in the Confessin' all -
Without one dang Sin ta tell...
It's not good - makes ya feel
Low - so see, I gotta go
An' steal  some candy here
Where it's out for the takin' -
An' maybe get caught an'
Got somethin' to say
To my Mom and God and
Sister Superior-to -me...
An' all the Catholic kids
Who ain't got one thing to do
An' nothin' much to say
In Church where everybody knows...
God knows ya did 'it' anyways -
God knows, ya did 'it', any ways....  

No comments:

Post a Comment