6/7/12

LOVE WEBS is a poem about the insecurity that is so fortunately a part of all love as the poet e.e. cummings pointed out, once, long ago.....

LOVE WEBS


when I sit in the middle of this web
I may think me the spider
but I am the prey
these small threads that bind me
bind you too still you don't
seem to feel them as confining
you think you are free and tho
there are only a few of them
these coils of web are made of
iron and rust studded with
diamonds that should refresh
like dew but are not water of
life at all who would guess
that love could be so far away
and still be there weaving this
web without spider or spider
food at all just bits of life that
should be dancing in the air on
wings not entangled this way
sticky and none too subtle
wrapping here and wrapping there
threads of hope and of despair
both at once telling stories of
faith and of disaster both
at the same time now just what
is the use of all this love when
no one is being nourished except
in bits and pieces when the whole
web is going to come down anyway
the minute this rain starts to fall we
can feel the wind blowing now
sawing doom through this web
without mercy not one shred
of courage and not one single
kiss in sight if only if only
you were here then the web
would be your arms and hands
could hold me tight being that
we are on a tightrope right this
moment and the web is truly
no safety net at all and so

I think
I'm going
to
fall

No comments:

Post a Comment