6/10/12

THIS NIGHT THIS DAY is a Love Poem for my Guy...it's also about the way Love comes up out of time and space around you and envelops you...or us, in this happenstance....

THIS NIGHT THIS DAY


between this night
and this day
was a bed
empty of you.
I stretch over
to where your
tree of a body
will be
tonight
I think of how
natural an
animal
you are
how you move in
for the warmth
the kiss
how you wrap
your night
your day
around us
giving everything
for love
taking in my arms
around you
a man lost in
desire in deep
hunger
for this love.
tonight
I throw my body
into the vortex
where you will be
take in
the emptyness
that will be full
this night
this day
when I twine
my branches
into yours
and we breathe
the same air
and we sing
the same song
and we canoe
the same waters
and we love
the same love.
for this day
this night to begin
this day to follow
this night to come
for all our time
each day
each night

for all our time

No comments:

Post a Comment