6/15/12

TWO SWEET RIPE PLUMS is a bit of a Blues for Mark C...who is a Blues Master...so I hope you enjoy this patter of Blues...the sound of plums falling on the forest floor....

TWO SWEET RIPE PLUMS

Two sweet ripe plums
You held out to me -
All purple blues
You offered free
You said, for me...
Just like some rain
At close of day, then
You made some promises to keep -
I'd have to pay....

You laughed each time
I took your hand
Your plums fell to
The forest floor
And I knew that I
Was lost for good
Just like that
Gift of Plums

So you can say
You love me truly -
Or you can say you don't
I really pay no mind...
The gift you gave
Of plums that sunset
Keep going round my thoughts
Like still sweet loving rhymes....

And time goes by
And time stands still
Your love slips from
Your hands at will
And I cannot see
Where your love goes
Like the plums, tho,
Not to me

Then I will go
Beyond this border
Where you are far away
And yet so close to me...
I see your hands
They're holding plums now
And giving plums
Like Blues away: your Gift
For free...
Like singing Blues
For free...
Like gifting plums
For free....

No comments:

Post a Comment