6/4/12

THIS BEING A POEM AND ALL RIVER is just that....

THIS BEING A POEM AND ALL RIVER



We are in this River
Going North or maybe
South East by South
West into the Sun

Fighting the Heaviness
Of Water
Upstream
For sure
The whole way
Home

Tell me again
How we will be

I never tire
Of the whispers
Of River
Like those of
A Lover

I cannot bring home
Because we've already
Flowed away out
At sea

Deployed
Against our wills
By the wild and willful
Spaces
Times
That bind us

We paddle in
Silence
Between
Protestations of
Love

Rocking on the
Water
Of hopes
Cargos
Past keeping

Take these bruised and
Blistered hands
Kiss them

What I have given you
What you have given me
Is spoken of by
River
Water
Love
All that does not seem
To change

Sunrise promises
We will find the way
Somehow

This being a poem and all
This being only
One River

Our River

O please
Take Us

Take Us
Home

No comments:

Post a Comment