3/31/12

COURAGE WEARS MANY FACES is the last of a Trilogy of Lyrics I wrote for all of our Singing Friend's dear Friend, Martha...one was written for the biblical story about 'Martha' - one was written as a Farewell for her dear and lost Sister - and this one she requested from a line from a Post she shared this very day: about there being so many Faces of Courage....

COURAGE WEARS MANY FACES

Brave has it's face -
I've seen it's face...
The eyes that glow
And spark with grace...

But there are so many Faces
Of Courage in my memories....

Each has a Name -
Each has a Song -
I want to sing them
My whole Life long...

There are so many Faces
Of Courage in my memories....

One face holds
My Father's smile -
His voice still in me
All this while -

Each face is imprinted
By Courage in my memories....

My Mother nods
To each kind wave -
My Sister smiles
A Smile so brave...

Their sweet faces speak
Of Courage in my memories....

So many Faces over
All this time -
Just no turnin'-back
Their hearts - or mine:

There are so many faces
With Courage in my memories...
Courage wears so many
Faces in my memories...
In my memories....

No comments:

Post a Comment