3/30/12

SING FOLK SONGS LIKE WE USED'TA is Lyrics for Den and me - cuz we miss those days - but mainly, cuz we wish the Songs of Today still had lots more Room for Folk Music in their Company...like they used'ta....

SING FOLK SONGS LIKE WE USED'TA'

If I swam to you right across that sea
Would you sing for me like you used'ta'?
Would you harmonize - with your big hazel eyes
Lookin' into mine, like you used'ta'?

No more Folk to sing...I'd give anything
To sing Folk once more, like we used'ta'....
We were young and sweet...sweep me off my feet
With each tone complete - like you used/ta'....

_____________________


CHORUS/Bridge

They're all singin' Old-Timey today!
It don't touch my heart in the same way -
And, Americana all is 'good song' -
But Folksong moves me - what more can I say?

_____________________

Guess we're growin' old - may I be so bold
To ask for one Song - like we used'ta?
We could could sing all day - right into the night -
It'll all be right - like it used'ta...

Now then, don't you cry - this ain't no goodbye!
It's lovin' 'Hello'! - like we used'ta -
Folk Songs just don't die - keep those tears at bay -
We can sing our lives away - like we used'ta....

____________________

CHORUS

____________________

REPEAT FIRST VERSE FIRST STANZA ONLY...CLOSE....

___________________


No comments:

Post a Comment