3/8/12

THE WIND IN THE GLEN is an effort to write an Irish Pop sort-of lyrics without being too sentimental about the language and so on....I'll try some more this March, until I get it quite right, lad!....

THE WIND IN THE GLEN

CHORUS

Down on the river banks, dear lad,
You took my breath away
With kissin' and with lovin'
So you held my heart in sway

But I was not a girl again
And you no village boy
We'd been around the moon, dear lad,
Known sorrow, yeah, and joy
____________________

Til all the salmon run downhill, my lad,
Til the Atlantic waves go dry -
Til winds do never sweep these glens, my lad,
Til ravens in the dark rocks fill the sky...

You'll be my love, lad, you'll be my love then...
And we will never go astray -
We'll fill the night with our own fine stars, lad,
We'll have no fear, lad, for each new day....
_____________________

CHORUS
_____________________

You'll bring me lightly to the grass, lad,
All the Sycamore trees will bow right down -
We'll raise the glass then for all this love, lad,
We'll touch the bow, then, for all we've found...

You in my arms: my sweetest joy, lad,
You in my heart can do no harm -
The holy ground rise up and meet us...
We are now One, lad, that is our charm....
_____________________

CHORUS
_____________________


No comments:

Post a Comment