3/4/12

MUD SLIDE BLUES is the third in the Blues Series...it's a pity party for a person on a Mud Slide...could be sad...could be just the sorry results of some ill wind...or an untoward hangover - the morning after....

MUD SLIDE BLUES

When your house went down that Mud Slide
In Mill Valley - years ago -
I thought it would make you humble -
Make you really learn to know:

What it's like to have like Nothin' -
What it's like to scrimp and save -
Didn't get you were above me:
Couldn't know how you'd behave!

_____________________

CHORUS

Cuz I was born a Mud Slide Baby
I was born to sing these Blues
I was given feet of clay
and your were given Golden Shoes
You could run away in seconds
Over silver roads and all
And them Rescue Dudes would catch you
In their nets - you'd never fall

_____________________

I was raised to be a Loser -
You was born to win and win...
Even if you were a thing of harm -
ya know: you couldn't sin...

I was told I was a Bad One
least a dozen times a day -
You were petted like an angel:
You just did things all your way....

_____________________

CHORUS
_____________________

O lordy! just ta bring you down
Into this Mud I wallow through -
You're just too good for me, Baby -
And I ain't no good for you -

So I'm just sittin on this Mud slide
Where we parted years ago -
You went on to bigger - better -
I ain't got a thing to show....

______________________

CHORUS
______________________


No comments:

Post a Comment