3/10/12

SEA AND SKY BLUES is another in the Blues Series runnin' across my mind and spirit every day lately...illness knows Blues, don't you know it!...I'm sure you do....we've all had the Blues some times or another....

SEA AND SKY BLUES

CHORUS

The Sea and the Sky are the bluest of blues
And you're singin' and sighin' these Blues
You're feelin' so punk and so puny with sorrow
You're singin' and sighin' these Blues

__________________

Give yourself Time, Baby -
Give yourself Space, Darlin -
Give yourself rooms to be bluer than blue...
You don't have to prove your sweet self to me, poor thing,
I'm not even halfways begun lovin' you....
Don't be blue, pretty love, don't be so goldarn blue
That you can't see the Sea for your cryin' so hard -
That you can't raise your soul to that Sky...mmm muummm -
That you can't raise your spirit to that Sky....

__________________

You've let yourself go to the Blues, my dear Loved One -
You've let yourself go to that Sea...
Where nothin' is movin' on - just goin in and out
Like them dark waves tryin' to wash the sands clean...
Ain't been rain from the Sky quite as warm as your tears -
Ain't been no Storm at Sea like your Blues...
You're filled with sorrow so - it be a real shame -
Pity, Pain fills you from head to your shoes...
Pain brings your heart to them Blues....
___________________

CHORUS
___________________

I ain't got no questions to move you to joy
And I ain't got the answers to what holds you blue...
But I'll be a friend - sometimes I'll be a lover -
And I'll be a shoulder to cry on, for true...
So go on feelin' Blue till you're done with your Blues -
So go on feelin' bound and alone as you show...
The Sky be awaitin' to bring you good sunshine -
The Sea be alive to bring Joy and, you know:
They Both have known Blues, Babe - we've all had the Blues...
Yeah, Babe, we've known them Blues...known them Blues....
___________________

CHORUS
___________________

No comments:

Post a Comment