3/24/12

IT'S ALL ABOUT WINGS is a small tribute lyrics to Poncho (Florence) Barnes, a woman pilot in the early days of American Aviation who was larger than life in so many ways! It's also my True Wish that I could fly...so far, have only made it in my dreams....

IT'S ALL ABOUT WINGS

CHORUS

It's all about wings, darlin'
When you're a sweet bird
Or even a Mayfly up in some sky
Waitin' for a matin'
Singin' and a'flappin'
Gonna get me wings, baby,
by and by
Gotta get me wings, child,
by and by

__________________

I've been divin' down into the sea
Thirty feets deep and sometimes more...
The Ocean is a mighty place to live in -
Still, I want'a be in the Sky much more...
Want'a break through Sound and even Light -
Want'a make a flap with my Self so high:
Not even the Angels will catch my drift -
I'll be clouds of feathers as I fly by!
__________________

CHORUS
__________________

When I think about flyin' I be thinkin'
About Poncho Barnes and her love of flight:
That woman was somethin': a liberated Flyin' Thing -
Flyin' all day and partyin' all night...
I ain't sayin' I want'a be a wild thing -
I'm just sayin': Be nice to get free...
Be good to go up jus above all this misery -
Be great to be flyin' as alive as can be....

___________________

CHORUS
___________________

No comments:

Post a Comment