3/13/12

WHITHER WHILE YOU'RE WANDERIN' BLUES are lyrics about those times when, as Richard Farina wrote: you've 'Been Down So Long, Down Looks Like Up To Me'...we are merely physical first and foremost, it turns out...our spirits LIVE...but out bodies give out here and there in not-so-very-nice ways, darn em, and ain't one thing you can really do over time to change that one...but maybe sing the Blues about it all!....

WITHER WHILE YOU'RE WANDERIN' BLUES

CHORUS

I've been fadin' every day
Caught by frights and in harms way
Ain't quite happy Ain't quite sad
All I knows is: feelin' bad
Feelin' very - feelin' real bad
_____________________

Part is sickness part is pain -
Part is loss and none is gain -
None is good and none is right -
Like some weak rain in the night:
Nothin' good comes from this storm -
Won't soak the ground - and won't be warm...
Won't warm me, honey, won't be kind...
Don't want to pay me any mind -
I'm jus' witherin' on the vine...
Jus' witherin' on the vine, poor baby,
Witherin' on the vine....

______________________

CHORUS
______________________

I've been wanderin' every which way -
Singin' easy - lovin' away...
Takin' succer where I can, Lord!
Livin' all I could afford...
Like some song bird in a sleet storm:
I can't raise my wings to fly-
Can't be braver than I am -
Won't be braver than I know how -
Won't rest easy till I be home...
Don't know 'bout gettin home at all-
Not be wanderin' any more....
______________________

CHORUS
______________________

When you be old like I am, then
You may know years - know where you've been -
But you don't know death or the place
It's fixin' to stop your racin' round...
Like some hobo on that freight train
Headin' off to some kind town -
Hopin' to be well and cheerful -
Hopin' to find friends, warm rooms -
Hopin' to live on forever -
Not be witherin' while I'm wanderin'...
But be thrivin' - bein' strong -
Livin' on strong, all along..
Stronger, all along....
_____________________

CHORUS
_____________________

No comments:

Post a Comment