11/6/11

BAREFOOT IN THIS SNOW are a Song Poem without its Song, for sure! I sent to quite a few Songwriters so far, and...nothing yet!...I'm fond of these lyrics! I want some wonderful SongWriter to run through the snow for them and give them their wings with a beautiful melodic arrangement and performance!

Reply |Kathleen Everitt to Dennis, deborah, Hope, wtaylor, Peter, Lori, ktyklubuzz
show details Sep 24

here is the next Lyrics...I REALLY can't 'hear' the music to this
one...but maybe one of you do!....no idea where this one came from in
my noggin....

BAREFOOT IN THIS SNOW

I would run through this snow
barefoot - I don't mind the
cold without you: it's just cold
and I've made angels with my
body in the snow and
even in the sand before:
just to make this love come home
all the way - even through snow...
__________

CHORUS:

next is goin' to come the Solstice
here there's snow and there it's rainin'
where you are it's west and ocean
where I am it's cold and mountain
east and west and all those miles
of runnin' barefoot in between
__________

once I saw an Indian runner
he was something: feet like wingin' -
hardly touchin' ground a'tall: just got me
thinkin' - prayin' even - that if
love is for the takin': it is hard
to take it all: unless you're willin'
to go runnin' - even barefoot -
through those miles of silent snow...
__________

CHORUS
__________

when it comes to turn the seasons:
Wind is on your heels and nippin'
like some dog to urge your feet on
to the one you'll love forever...
ain't no way to call the sun back
ain't no way to drive the snows down -
'til I reach those sands you stand on
I'm just runnin' - runnin' home
__________

CHORUS
__________

No comments:

Post a Comment