11/6/11

CAROLINA was first performed on November 6 at First Street Cafe, by Debbie Kuhl Wendt, who wrote the music, arranged; and performed with her husband, Doug Wendt, on guitar (he is a expert guitarist); friend Bruce Campbell on his Stand-up Bass - at which he is an expert, in great demand, in his own right; and her daughter Linda on Harmonies. The Event was a Showcase of Original Music by four groups of escellent Performers....

couldn't be there, as my guy was sick and needed care and company...sigh! I felt badly: missing the First Performance of one of a Debbie/Kat Collaboration on Lyrics/Music was sad!....

This Song began with a casual comment by Deb on email, on September 24:

I was thinking a good start to a (different) song might be

Carolina tell which way you're feeling today
Carolina North or Carolina South
I want to hear it from your mouth

that's all I got!...

Literally Suddenly: I could 'see' the whole Song...sat down and wrote it, and emailed it over to Deb the very next morning: she 'heard' its Music, as usual! and so, another Song was born!....


Reply |Kathleen Everitt to deborah
show details Sep 25

CAROLINA

You know I heard your fiddle in the mountains
You know the heart-ways Carolina knows
I've heard you sigh when autumn's leaves were fallin'
I've heard you in the lightest of the snows

Next verse:

You know I saw the ocean meet your north shores
I saw skies stirrin' sea wind's stormy might
I've seen you frown and sunrise died a-bornin'
Your love songs came on wings of forest night

Next verse:

Never had such sweet love, Carolina
North or South just always means the same
I'm makin' life with you no matter where then:
We make our home - we make our love - you take my name

The Chorus between the verses is your three Great lines:

Carolina tell which way you're feelin' today
Carolina North or Carolina South
I want to hear it from your mouth

or the last line in the chorus might be:
Carolina, let me hear it from your mouth

either way!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment