11/1/11

WISHES FOR WIND LADY'S DREAM is a song about a Horse Woman and a Horse, named Wind Lady...and a Relationship...a Love....

Right now, Cindy Lou Hadley, who is a very, very fine Voice Woman with an original and naturally compelling style...who is, as well, a charming Singer/Guitarist/Performer/Horsewoman, has these Lyrics with her, to decide whether she wants to make their Music and perform them, or pass them to another Song Writer to make them come alive....

I wrote the song for her, somewhat...it also somewhat 'came to me', as I used to ride horses pretty well, a decade or more ago...wish I still could, but Back Problems are hard on ones 'seat' in the saddle...ah well...I'll just keep writing about horses, as compensation!

Tune in, and I'll let you know if Ms Hadley sings this song someday...it would be an honor, Lady!


WISHES FOR WIND LADY'S DREAM

CHORUS:

Be like the wind, Lady
Hold the reins lightly
Hold her mane lightly
Twined in wind's fingers
Wishes are Horses
We beggars must ride
__________

You've been crying in the shadows -
I could hear you in the morning:
All your wishes aren't for nothin':
You can make your hopes be true...
Bring her over all the gates now -
She's a beauty and she hears ya -
She'll not be the one to let all
Your enormous dreams fall through...
____________

CHORUS
____________

I'm the one who rhymes with sorrow...
She's the one who brings you home now....
I can't tell what's love - what hate is -
She just loves the ride - the salt spray -
I'm not gentle with your ridin' -
She'll share all the times with sweet ease:
I'm not willing to obey ya
Every time you need me smilin'....
___________

CHORUS
___________

You can keep the pretty ribbons:
Blue for wishes that came true then
Red for second guesses held back:
All the gold stars for third prizes
You've been handin' me for ever:
I'll be takin' my horse home now:
Home: I think I'll set her free....
___________

CHORUS
____________

No comments:

Post a Comment