4/19/12

FOOL IN THE WATERS...came as a poem...from hearing that I am not that great an elder, on account of how I raised my kids...(who I personally think are the most imperfect/perfect three folks on the planet!)...anyhow, I thought to myself: Well, of course not! I'm not the Wise Crone Type at'all! I'm just the Old Fool Type, and I Do love bein' That, for certain!....

FOOL IN THE WATERS


I have become a writing fool
fool in love
fool in friendship
fool with family

I want to be
more than ever
fool
fool for love
mostly
then
fool for life

fool for water
I want to be
in water
more and more and more

cold waters
where I am deliciously
alone

hot waters
in deep
in touble
on purpose

troubled waters
confused and
confusing
flying blind over
these waters
swimming
purposefully
through
these waters

warm perfumes
of water
salty and sweet
love waters
in my mouth
my body
in my hands

cool healings
of waters
through my tired
fingers over my
heated brow
across my
pain soothing
kind

baptisms of water
holy holy
bringing blessed
life
to tired souls
my tired soul

but foolish
I want to be

foolish
in water
most of all

I want to
dive too deep
swallow too much
swim too long
paddle
the
entire
Mississippi
with
this
foolish
man

rest by
this lake
making love
in the mud

over and over
foolish
at last

and
all
because
of
love

and
water

No comments:

Post a Comment