4/28/12

WAITIN' FOR THE LIGHT TRAIN is a real Train Song - probably my first that actually has the clickety-clack on the rails in it. I like it an' I hope you do too....

WAITIN' FOR THE LIGHT TRAIN

I'm jus' waitin' for the Light Train
The one I wan'ta ride upon
Waitin' for the Light Train
To bring me to some Glory

Leaving from the Darkness
From this windy Station
Where all the doors be creakin'
An' callin' me back Home

Ain't ever been so hung-up
Ain't ever felt so lonely
No body here to regret
No tears of sweet goodbye

Just leavin' on some Light Train
If ever it will come here
To give me rails to ride out
To give me wings to fly
___________________

CHORUS

You can betcha tell a Light Train
By the Heaven in it's headlights
Got an engineer all smilin'
An' whistlin' clear Hellos
You can certain tell a Light Train
By the way it has no schedule
You just gotta hop that Train fast
Be jus' goin' where it goes
_____________________

Las' time I took a Light Train
I was just a poor boy
Runnin' from an old farm
Runnin' far away

Mom and Pop got hit hard
An' so I came back home tho
I never made no difference
No matter what they say

An old farm's jus' an old farm
Jus' nothin' grows up right there
An' animals do poorly
Folks jus' cannot make it well

So someday it jus' hits ya
You gotta leave or die there
Cuz there's some heaven somewheres
An' you're jus' real done with hell
___________________

CHORUS - X 2 -
on second time, repeat the last line 3 or so times, while slowin' down the rhythm....
___________________

No comments:

Post a Comment