1/11/13

DOWN SPOON RIVER IN THIS DREAM is a Love Song that needs its Melody and Harmonies, too....paddle that fine canoe on home to your one true love in Illinois....

DOWN SPOON RIVER IN THIS DREAM

Goin' down Spoon River
To where it meets the Illinois
On some old canoe
In my dreams
The barges come like plowshares
Furrowing the rows of River
Padd'lin' this canoe
Down ol' Spoon River

If you change your mind about me
I will never catch my breath
I'll have to die of too much sorry
Too much just can't let ya go
An' you know dreams only are
Dreamin'  and you know that
Lovin's truer in the Dream
You follow me just like some
Bird along the shore

Give me mercy maybe kindness
I'll still go down this ol' River
Just like it all went as free
As it did in the Civil War
The barges blow their warnin' at me
Padd'lin' down this crazy River
Goin' nowhere in some hurry
Down Spoon River in this Dream

If you change your heart about us
You will never catch me lyin'
I'll have to tell the goldang truth
To ya every day and night
An' you know promises are only
Dreamin' Futures that ain't comin'
Less you count canoes on rivers
I'm jus' followin' you on waters
Like a panther on the shore

Give us Time and give us sorrow
I'll still go down ol' Spoon River
Just like I was really padd'lin'
All the way down to the sea
The River knows I'm goin' on
Just dreamin' that this time I'll make it
Goin' somewheres in some heartache
Down Spoon River in this Dream
Down Spoon River in this Dream

No comments:

Post a Comment