1/1/13

HOPPIN' JOHN is a poem about my Dad....his birthday would have been the 30th....love that guy!!!!!

HOPPIN' JOHN

Hoppin' John and dreams of Dad
The Cajun two-step - stetson hat -
Golf shoes white - a jelly jar with
Gingey - no more 'alkeyhol' ...
Songs sung while drivin' -
Brown eyes sparklin' -
Sing it, Kat, along with me!
Same old jokes and drive too
Slow so slow you see the farms
Forever - Aren't they great, Kat?
Clean and fine and grass is mowed -
Want to go flyin' in this plane my
Dealer has? Want to go flyin?....

Gumbo, Etouffee, Boudin.
Jambalaya and that chopped-up
Holy Trinity that Rue the flour
Brown as toast and jelly jar with
Dark red wine for me Gingey for
Him. I miss the man. I miss his songs.
I miss his jokes. I miss his smile. his
Dancin' feet. his sparkle eyes.
He was my Dad. just miss him so.
Just miss him. so.

No comments:

Post a Comment