5/28/12

MISSING PIECES is surely a Poem. yep, it surely is....

MISSING PIECES

I am not such a whiner
about all these missing pieces
I say are in my life well what a
crock that is if I tell the truth
which I unusually do anyway
naturally I would say
normally but what would that mean
then I would say without guile
what missing pieces do I mean
anyway

missing pieces floating
floaters in my vision
rosy glasses and pasts
filled with young fantasies
creative failings dreams
darts and downers and
all the high times on not
one substance without
substance at all

who is calling and why
why the whine in the begging
why the begging at all
who is at my door my window
my heart who is first who
is second why utopia why not
human I love I like I hate am
loved liked hated no big deal
just am just am just am

here are the missing pieces
notice how not one of them
fills in the blue sky of this
puzzle not at all so how the
hell did they get into the box
anyway who knows

time has taken away all the
answers to all these questions
I never even lived the kind of life
that would get the questions
right not once not being a thinker
only a ball of feelings and lovings
and likings and hatings practicing
compassion with passion without
one real prudence whatsoever

now an older woman crying out
into this wilderness make ready
the way of the love that I look for
who can live with me I never even
caused one wave have no opinion
held dear enough to defend give
sex like bread you have to have
every day or perish am way too
cheerful about every damn sunset

I am easy to live with and that's why
life keeps going by like a river that clears
it's own snags and makes its water course
calm though swift and sure to the sea
nourishing with no famine to excite the soul
into panic or waves or stones or disaster

what do I want is a good question with
no answer in sight I think I do not want
always have enough always get what I need
desire even usually well unusually even
satiated not unusually needing more
turning for the kiss that always comes always
deep and full and welcoming without end

cry easily over happiness easily over pain
forget about pain too easily go through every
bad time like some amazing child adventure
laugh at the flames and the hurts and the glories
and the victories and the failings that are not
victories at all forget every thing so called bad
in the past remember only the loving times
as if that was a life any life even mine

I am making up this story about wanting and why this
is a new question I have it all except life eternal of
course which is always a question whose answer is
not pleasant no way yes I do not want for not even you
not even food or drink but I need and the need
is sending me into arms and legs and lips and hands
as if there was no death in sight

missing pieces never to be found live with that one love
that no one never will find or then nirvana which naturally
no one gets to really have why did I imagine that I
would be the first take this first love take it into being
being the last love and all the other loves around me
like comets go past whistling me two me three me four
don't forget us too you love us too you know that's real

then give me this day my daily bread and I will bake biscuits
for you and we will share these missing pieces between us we
will make a collage of them away from the puzzle we will
never solve even once since there is no question to ask not
worry about the pieces missing in the blue sky that were
never there once upon any time any way

we will take our missing pieces deep inside and home with us
build a fire with them warm our souls with them hold each
other by the flames tenderly and fiercely and kindly too
saying through our smiles and our tears we wipe from the
other's face through the kisses and the holding on
my god every single missing piece is going down
into glows and ashes whatever was there surely for real

went out burning

No comments:

Post a Comment