5/5/12

YEAH, MY DAD WAS A COWBOY is the first lyics of a series of lyrics and plain poems and a short story or two, that I'm gonna write now...inspired by my Dad, my idea of a cowboy for ever, in my mind...and inspired by the Cowboy Poetry shared with me by Tim Peck, a Bad Boy and a Writer new to my acquaintance...Thanks, Pardners....

YEAH, MY DAD WAS A COWBOY

Yeah, my Dad was a cowboy
Down South in East Texas -
He rode on a pinto named
James Earle Sweet Gray...

He had him a girlfriend
Who rode right aside him -
Sittin' pretty in saddle
On a mare named Old Bay....

You ain't ever seen what'a
Cowboy can ride like, until
You seen my Dad jus'
Cuttin' so fine:

Calf got no chance to beat
That twirlin' rope -
Caught in tornado
Winds, down on a dime....

Then it's up in the ranch plane -
My Dad never piloted
Ever a one before that
Great First Time...

An' the Boss was all frantic -
Sayin' Bill, can you drive
This Thing?...Dad said Well
Sure, and took off on the climb....

Then there was his motorbike -
That was a caution!
My Dad drove it fast and hard -
His girl back behind

Holdin' tight round in
Terror, as he would fly past
Cattle and horses and
Scenes goin' by....

They just don't make Cowboys
Quite like my Dad no more...
Jus' gotta say:
Dad was one of a kind....

An' if they sing songs of him -
Well I won't be sad of it...
He was so tied to that West
In our minds...

No comments:

Post a Comment