5/28/12

WHEN YOU SING is a love poem...for my Music Man....

WHEN YOU SING


When you sing

I hear you singing
young
shock of yellowish hair
glasses askew
thin wiry frame
hazel-blue eyes
sweet with love
voice true
smile
all for me
all for song

besides
your heart
your body
your laugh
your words
your love
your spirit

I have always
missed
your song

your fingers flying
on the banjo
nimble
full of fun

your music
I was so
proud
to share in

my music man
my music man

When you sing

I start to cry
for all I lost

I weep
to be honest
hard
like
the saddest song
you could sing

I want you
to sing me
a love song

make it so true
it will take away
all the pain
of all those years

I never sang with you

tho I sang
Denny's Song
almost
every day
of my whole life

that song
carried all my tears
straight into tonight

while I write
this poem

crying
for all the lost songs
all the lost years

wishing
with such hope

for all the songs to come
in your arms

while I listen
proud
to sing along
again
again

when
you
sing

No comments:

Post a Comment